There are TWO legal challenges to Brexit currently active

Things took an interesting turn yesterday when I was contacted with information that my legal challenge to Brexit,  Brexit Legal Challenge: The Prime Minister has three weeks to respond, is not the only active legal challenge to Brexit.

Before yesterday I was totally unaware of the other Claim for Judicial Review.

Due to confidentiality considerations I can't disclose much about the other Claim for Judicial Review.

The other Claim has a single Defendant, the Prime Minister.

The other Claim was sealed by the Court on 31st October 2017.

My own Claim was sealed by the Court on 1st November 2017.

By chance, both Claims were served on the Government Legal Department on 6th November 2017.

The effect is that the Government Legal Department must respond with its Grounds of Resistance to my Claim and the other Claim by 27th November 2017.

Things are getting really interesting for the Prime Minister.

Watch this space.

Comments

  1. I support this with the whole of my being; I just wish I understood it more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I understand it, the gist is that there has not been any constitutionally valid decision made on the question of leaving the EU, therefore the letter from Theresa May was not a valid notice.
      The upshot of which is that the Brexit clock would be reset and parliament would have to decide what to do next.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CO/5012/2017: An application to renew was made some time ago