CO/3008/2017: Mrs. Justice Yip refuses permission tor Judicial Review of Brexit

In the last few days I've learned of a fourth application for Judicial Review of Brexit.

I refer to the application as the "fourth" application but it is in fact the first of the four applications of which I'm aware in date order.

The four applications of which I'm aware are:

  1. CO/3008/2017
  2. CO/5012/2017 - which is subject to an application for a confidentiality order
  3. CO/5050/2017 - my own Claim
  4. CO/5929/2017 - the Claim of Elizabeth Margaret Webster

Here are some basic facts about the Claim for Judicial Review CO/3008/2017.

The Claimant was Martyn Truss.

Martyn Truss's Claim was issued on 26th June 2017.


The Government Legal Department's Summary Grounds of Resistance authored by the barrister Tom Cross was dated 13th July 2107.

It appears that Martyn Truss made an application on 24th July 2017. I assume that application was for urgency but it's unclear from the limited documents that I have seen so far. Another possibility is that Martyn Truss applied for an oral hearing.

The Claim was considered by Mrs. Justice Yip. So far as I can ascertain Mrs. Justice Yip considered the matter solely on the papers.

Mrs. Justice Yip refused permission to apply for Judicial Review on 20th December 2017.

Mrs. Justice Yip also refused the application dated 24th July 2017.

Mrs. Justice Yip expressed the view that Martyn Truss's application was totally without merit.

I plan to put into the public domain the documents that I've seen about Martyn Truss's application for Judicial Review of Brexit.

Watch this space.

If Martyn Truss reads this I'd be interested to make contact. I can be contacted via email at killbrexitnow@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There are TWO legal challenges to Brexit currently active

CO/5929/2017: Liz Webster seeks to renew her application for permission for Judicial Review