Kill Brexit Now: Is Brexit possible?

The volume of discussion and chatter about Brexit is, at times, overwhelming. The huge volume of information and chatter has, so it seems to me, obscured a hugely important question.

Is Brexit possible?

It seems to me that nobody has identified a scenario where even a hypothetical Brexit is possible.

There are four broad criteria which all need to be satisfied for Brexit to be possible:

  1. Legal coherence
  2. Economic sense
  3. Practicality
  4. Politically acceptability
I can't identify any solution where all four criteria are satisfied.

Nor have I found in the multiple "position papers" and "partnership papers" produced by the Department for Exiting the European Union a scenario that even theoretically works.

Has anyone read any document that claims to satisfy my four criteria (or some criteria broadly similar to them)?

If so, please leave a comment on this post or email me at killbrexitnow@gmail.com with a link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There are TWO legal challenges to Brexit currently active

CO/5012/2017: An application to renew was made some time ago